Monday, October 29, 2012

Down syndrome

Well I'm back, kind of, sort of.  I can't believe Down syndrome awareness month is almost over. Just 2 more post.  It really hasn't been that bad for me because I just LOVE my little Leighton and I could gush about her all day.  She's totally got my heart.  I'm so thankful I have a little girl who makes me aware of Down syndrome, because it makes me aware of so much more.  I'm proud she's my little baby, and I never want to be without her. 
I hope she grows up knowing having Down syndrome is a badge of honor.  She will probably be overly confident because she gets so much attention from her family, our friends, and even strangers. I'm so thankful for the friends, and opportunities that have come from having a baby girl who happens to have Down syndrome. 
-JS

No comments:

Post a Comment