Monday, September 12, 2011

9-11

I can't think of a better way to spend the 10th anniversary of 9-11 then what we did today.  
We we're at a MLB game.  
 They handed out flags to everyone as we came in.
Leighty loved her's.
 They honored those who past away in the attacks.  I remember my Husband calling me that day to tell me to turn the TV on.  A plane hit one of the towers.  We didn't know what was going on, at first I was thinking I was just there. My Husband and I spent our honeymoon there 9 months before the attacks. Our hotel was right next to the towers.  Then I was watching live as the second plane hit.  It was so confusing. Then watching as the first tower collapsed and then the second.  I felt sick for the people who died.  Most of them didn't choose to be Heros, they didn't go out that day knowing their lives where at risk they weren't making a stand for their country, or freedom, they were just working.  

I remember thinking how tragic it was.  I was so angry.  How could they do that to our country. War is not fought on our soil, and it was a dose of reality.  We we're all glued to the TV that day, the rest of the world seemed to stop. I still think of the people searching with missing person pictures for their loved ones. The sadness on their faces. It will never leave my mind. 
 It was the perfect way to feel pride in being an American.  Watching baseball (the American Game),  and it being the Yankees was even better too.  Can't be anymore American then that. I love our Freedom, God bless the USA.
-JS

No comments:

Post a Comment